Name: Jessie Green
Location: Chicago, IL
My clients tell me the best thing about working with me is not exceeding their fitness goals, increasing the strength and definition of their bodies, or receiving daily complements on their new physiques. To a one, they tell me the best part of working out with me is simply...me. Because I believe in them! And I find a way, using a tough, disciplined, fun, progressive and powerful approach, to get them to believe in themselves. And once that happens, the sky's the limit!
I grew up dancing and acting in the great city of Chicago and then relocated to NYC to follow my artistic dreams. For the past 15 years I have been a professional dancer, actor, trapeze artist, fitness model, Pilates instructor and personal trainer in New York City and around the world. I've had the honor and pleasure of guest starring as a personal trainer/witness on NYC's Law&Order SVU and a zany spin instructor on AWTY?, posing as the principal fitness model for various training websites, teaching group classes for NYC's top fashion design companies and training some of our most beloved celebrities. (Check out my performance reel on my website www.JessicaMGreen.com)
My personal training clients have run the gamut from Wall St. barons to new mommies, Cirque du Soleil acrobats to celebrities. I've seen every body type, every fitness level, and every excuse you can think of.
Professional certifications and credits:
• Cirque du Soleil Acrobat Exercise Coach and Pilates Instructor
• TRX All Levels
• Power Pilates Instructor (All Aparatus and Mat)
• ACE Certified Personal Trainer
• American Academy of Health, Fitness and Rehab Professionals Post-Rehabilitation
• IKFF Kettlebell Level I/II
• Sports Nutrition Specialist
• Dumbbell Variations Level I/II/III
• Pre and Post-natal Specialist
• BFA in Dance at Suny Purchase
• Graduate of The Chicago Academy for the Arts: Dance and Theatre
There is no certification, though, for the thing that gets my clients out of their bed or off their couch, and that is this: the power of positivity and passion for life! I've got it in spades and I infuse it into each and every rep. I help my clients shed a lifetime of negative messages, both from within and out, to achieve the things they thought they couldn't do. Our workouts help them define their muscles and what it means to be their best self, every day. By following my integrative, progressive, take-no-prisoners-but-keep-em-laughing approach, they can achieve anything from fitting into their skinny jeans, to changing the world!
I ran away with the circus! Literally. Cirque du Soleil is an elite corps of acrobatic athletes who work hard and play hard. I learned from my peers every day, while developing an approach to fitness
LivinGreen is more than a method, it's a philosophy. I believe in the power of positivity and passion to empower people to live their best life. Unlike trainers who bully, berate or intimidate, I help each client unlock their hidden potential to live life as healthfully and powerfully as possible, while making choices that are kind to both themselves, others, and the environment. Ultimately, my message to clients is: step away from preconceived notions of what you can (or can't) do, step away from negative beliefs you may have encountered before today, get to work and learn to DEFINE YOURSELF This is your life, and you get to choose how to live it.
LivinGreen incorporates a multi-layered approach to your best body and best life. First and foremost, it is an integrative plan of fun but challenging power-driven, core-based exercise techniques combined with clean, green-based nutrition. It is a progressive approach that incorporates focused lifting, plyometric drills, body suspension, dance, core and power moves, kettlebells, multi-joint training and laughter! As the body grows stronger and more defined, so does the inner self, as clients are encouraged to make nutrition and lifestyle choices that allow them to achieve their true and highest potential, both inside and out. The increased energy and self-esteem that comes with a beautifully defined body can spur an inner revolution of empowerment and achievement, creating a cycle of positivity: When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you perform better at work, as a spouse, as a parent, as a friend. And when you perform better in all aspects of your life, it becomes easier to keep on going, making new, positive choices each day: It's better for the body, the mind and the environment to bike to work, eat less meat, choose plant-based nutrition, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and shop at farmer's markets for fresh food. LivinGreen is a system that incorporates all of this in simple, logical, fun and achievable ways. LivinGreen's brand concept ultimately includes a groundbreaking studio, a range of LivinGreen products* and specialized programs to appeal to a range of clients, including:
• GreenCuisine: a protein and plant-based, insanely delicious meal-delivery program created in consultation with the nation's top chefs and nutritionists. Based on customer polling, favorite entrees will form the basis of a line of frozen GreenCuisine meals available in grocery stores. Emphasis on organic, fair-trade, and family-farmed products wherever possible.
• LivinGreen Studio: A NYC studio that offers cutting-edge, power-driven and core-based exercise in a warm and light-filled space. LivinGreen Studio will utilize 1-on-1 positive personal training, specialized equipment, and a variety of classes tailored to clients' different needs. Examples include: Bride-to-be, One Hot Mama (pre and post-natal conditioning), and Bootcamp-on-the-Green -- a bootcamp that utilizes New York City's many amazing green spaces from Central Park to the Hudson River waterfront. LivinGreen Studio will also house an interactive Green kitchen providing plant and protein-based nutritional shakes, whole foods, nutritional counseling and classes on clean and green cooking. Post-workout services available at LivinGreen studio will include guided stretching, massage therapy, and for busy professionals -- the all-important Back-to-Work Blow Out!
• Green-on-Screen: A range of web videos (available for purchase in enhanced format) that isolate different parts of the LivinGreen fitness approach. They will be followed as much for their irreverent content, and unexpected A-list cameos, as the remarkable results they produce.
• Lean & Green: A line of cutting-edge, science-based Nutraceuticals and supplements to enhance and amplify the LivinGreen program.
• GreenMachine: A cost-effective, all-in-one home gym system that incorporates cardio, weights, body suspension and Pilates, with accompanying "virtual trainer" plug-and-play videos on included USB drive.
• GreenTeen and GreenTween - specialized age-appropriate programs for schools and community centers that teach power-driven, core-based exercise and clean, green-based nutrition with an emphasis on positive body-image messaging.
* A portion of profits will go to organizations focused on helping low-income kids gain access to whole foods and fitness education.